Through the Preschool Partners of the Virginia Peninsula,
Trinity Lutheran Preschool has earned a four-star rating
from the Virginia Star Quality Initiative.
The Virginia Star Quality Initiative defines standards for early childhood education and creates a framework for accountability. It also establishes a network of support and outreach for programs and providers, provides incentives linked to achieving and maintaining quality standards, and improves information available to parents.
Trinity Lutheran Preschool in affiliation with Preschool Partners of the Virginia Peninsula strives to maintain a program with the following qualities:
- Strong parent involvement
- Low teacher-child ratio
- Focus on social-emotional growth
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- High star rating – indicating how far the minimum licensing standards are exceeded
- Effective administration
- Well-trained teaching staff with degrees in early education
- Warm, positive interactions between caregivers and children
- Child-focused environment where child is given choices
- Child has access to a variety of equipment and materials
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum and experiences